Tuxedo cabinets. Hidden appliances. Sleek wood paneling.
These are the recommendations from Zillow Digs’ latest Home Trends Forecast for 2017.
“Homeowners today want an open thoughtfully designed kitchen that blends seamlessly with the rest of the home’s design aesthetic,” said Kerrie Kelly, Zillow Digs home expert, in a press release.
“From hidden appliances to beautifully painted cabinets in complementing colors, homeowners want their kitchen to be stylish enough for entertaining, yet welcoming and functional for everyday use.”
The following trends are expected to be big in 2017, so consider adding them to your kitchen, especially if you’re interested in selling your property:
- Tuxedo kitchen cabinets. Mix up a kitchen’s color palette with Tuxedo cabinets. Homeowners can do a literal black and white contrast, but Zillow Digs’ design expert Kerrie Kelly suggests using softer complementary colors, such as navy blue and soft gray.
- Hidden appliances. Stainless steel is over, so switch on over to hidden appliances that can meld into the design scheme. Also, they provide an unexpected touch for potential buyers who plan on spending plenty of time in the kitchen.
- Wood paneling. Transport your buyers to another era by introducing modern wood paneling into the kitchen. Kelly suggests using white shiplap, which gives a clean, modern finish.
- Mixed hardware finishes. Instead of going for a monochromatic stainless steel look, homeowners are choosing appliances and accessories with various finishes, such as fold, copper or pewter. The final result is an eclectic, one-of-a-kind space.
- Custom kitchen cabinets. Opting for custom cabinetry gives homeonwers a wider range of options when designing their kitchen or bathroom.
Fads on the way out:
- Speckled granite. Homeowners are no longer limited to granite countertops. Instead, they’re going for quartz, marble and butcher block countertops that are easier to stain and maintain.
- Short cabinets. Ditch the short cabinets, and install taller ones. According to Kelly, tall cabinets make a small kitchen look bigger and brighter.
- Dark brown wood and paint colors. According to Kelly, “bigger and brighter” will be the name of the game of 2017. With that, dark paint, accessories and wood finished will go out of style.
Need help with your kitchen or bathroom cabinets? Contact the millwork experts at DNG Millwork in Miami.